Not quite as tasty as mashed potato without caramel sauce or caramel sauce without mashed potato, but still strangely more-ish.
MASHED POTATO WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
• 250g potatoes
• 10g butter
• 60ml milk
• 200g brown sugar
• 4 tablespoons of butter
• 150ml double cream
• 50ml water
• Make the caramel sauce first by adding the sugar to large pan on a low – medium heat with 50ml of water. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat until it boils, stirring all the while. After a few minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and cream. Leave the sauce to cool a little while you make the potatoes.
• Boil a pot of water, adding a teaspoon of salt.
• Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters.
• Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes.
• Add the butter and milk and mash or puree until smooth.
• Add salt to taste.
• Serve onto a plate, pour the sauce on top and enjoy.